|Integrity Engineering, LLC||P.O. Box 3350||8508 Ventnor Ave., Margate NJ 08402||Phone/fax (888) 272-6999|
TO: REAL ESTATE AGENTS IN ATLANTIC AND CAPE MAY COUNTIES
FROM: ZACK LILIENFELD, INTEGRITY ENGINEERING, LLC
SUBJECT: HOME INSPECTIONS
Do you hold your breath when your client orders a home inspection? Heard stories or have personal experience with a home inspection that resulted in the loss of a deal? Home inspections should help buyers feel more comfortable with their impending home purchase, not scare them away. Busy inspectors that provide on-the-spot reports are risking a successful outcome of the transaction. That’s the difference with Integrity Engineering, LLC. If your client needs a home inspection, consider what I have to offer in support of a successful transaction:
- Highly personal service – I spend the time necessary to educate the buyer on the difference between important and insignificant issues. I encourage clients to accompany me on the inspection so that I can offer suggestions, resolve concerns, and allay fears.
- Research - No home inspector, no matter how experienced, has all the answers on-the-spot. After an inspection, I may consult with colleagues, contact municipalities and search Internet archives for pertinent information. Inspectors who rush through may report something as a defect that is really not since they have no time to verify it, and your client is subsequently misinformed and unduly alarmed.
- Understandable inspection reports – My inspection reports are customized to each client, and include annotated color photographs and non-technical descriptions to help my clients understand exactly what I find. Generalized or checklist reports that only vaguely describe the problem can create uncertainty that will cause your client unnecessary concern.
- Fast scheduling and report turn-around – your client needs answers fast. Because home inspections are only part of my business, I can often adjust my schedule to fast-track an inspection for a client. Additionally, my final report is usually available the same day, and can be electronically transmitted to the client, or you, as needed. And, my office is conveniently located on Ventnor Ave. in Margate, centrally located to reach all of Atlantic and Cape May counties in less than an hour.
- Followup – Inspectors that do a volume business have no time for followup. Since I take the time to work with my clients both during and after the inspection, I am available to help the buyer understand what issues are truly significant. I provide guidance as to priorities, and work with them to ensure that a thoughtful and balanced approach is taken in responding to the reported defects.
- Professionalism – As a licensed professional engineer and licensed home inspector, I follow the standards of my profession and maintain a high level of ethics. Although an engineering background is not necessary to be a home inspector, nonetheless my years of experience in evaluating building systems and how they interact is considered a plus by discriminating clients.
As you know, many buyers are fee-conscious and will shop for the lowest price inspector at the exclusion of making an informed choice. Although I offer highly personalized services, my fees are competitive with other qualified local home inspectors. My typical client is usually purchasing a higher-end home and places a priority on a serviced-minded professional doing their legwork – as they do with their real estate professional. I encourage you visit www.integrityengineeringllc.com, where you can find more information on my services and fees. If at any time you have any questions, please call me at (609) 487-7757 (office) or (609) 287-1776 (cell phone).
I. G. “Zack”Lilienfeld, PE, CEM
Licensed Home Inspector/Consulting Engineer
Isaac G. Lilienfeld, PE, CEM, NJ Licensed Home Inspector serving Atlantic and Cape May Counties